So before I start my rant I would just like to point out that tonight on television they are doing the Sound of Music Live and I'm so excited.
I was telling Akayleia that something has been bothering me for the last week or so and I wanted to know what everyone thinks and if I'm wrong in the way that I'm thinking.
So at Thanksgiving we were discussing something and for some reason or another the topic became homosexuals. And I just said, "I don't care what they do, they're not hurting me" or something to that effect and instantly my belief in the gospel was questioned. Someone said if I was a member of the church then I must be against them, meaning homosexuals. I was really taken aback. Because I don't think that we should be cruel to anyone regardless of skin color, religion, ethics, or sexual orientation. I don't think they should be allowed to have religious wedding ceremonies and other things like that. But who am I to judge wether or not they deserve to marry someone they love. So this one dude that we're friends with started calling me Obama. Which is also a weird thing to say. And someone else asked me what I was going to tell Jocelyn when she comes home asking why some kids have 2 moms. And I was like, "ummm, I'm going to tell her that everyones different, and all families are different",because they are. Am I wrong to think that way? I'm super confused, I'm not going to go out and picket for the cause or anything but I think there are bigger problems in the world other than 2 dudes who want to fight over who takes out the trash, and what color the couches should be and other such things that happen in marriage. IF Jocelyn comes home concerned about it, I'm going to tell her what I said when she wanted to know why her friends from school don't go to church. I'm going to say that everyone is allowed to choose the way they live. Sweet and all knowing sister, Akayleia pointed out so eloquently the scripture that says,"I the Lord will forgive who I will forgive" but we have to forgive everyone. I also believe that we are supposed to Love One Another. Right? I know my knowledge of the Gospel isn't all that in-depth but am I so far off base here in my basic understanding of things? I get questions a lot from other people who aren't LDS and I don't want to lead people astray. Anyway... I have many other thoughts and experiences that I will blog about when I have a computer, Mark takes ours when he works 24 hour shifts. So inconsiderate I know!! Love you all
I'd also just like to say that Jocelyn has a new catchphrase...everytime I ask her something she says,"i'd be delighted to mom" like she's from 18th century England. She's FIVE. What in the world! But I'd also like to say that I'm going on a field trip with her school class on monday and I can't wait to have an adventure with a bunch of 5 yr olds, it's going to be hilarious! Her teacher, Mrs. Rossinni is my favorite she always comes out to say hello to me while I'm waiting in the "car line" just think of a big, italian, Ms Frizzle, with the apron and everything and that's Mrs. Rossinni! She is awesome, Jocelyn came home with a dredel yesterday and we played that for a while yesterday and I am now convinced that the dredel game is gambling for children.
Heavenly Father loves all of His Children, and so we should love them too. I am so happy that you have learned the most important lesson in life. Who are we to judge?
ReplyDelete