I would like to just preface this post by saying I am fully aware that it's been a while since I last posted, about 2 years I think. But that's how I roll, I'm not one to sit at the computer all day when there are other more interesting things to be doing. So let's just get over it and move on.
I had a conversation with mom the other day about how I don't get offended by other people. I just don't. I don't care what other people think of me, my hair, my parenting techniques or pretty much anything. I went with the missionaries the other day and they were teaching this kid named Diego, and he was like, "I don't want to offend you because you are so nice" and I was like you can't offend me. ( Diego thinks that I have blind faith in my religion, among other things he voiced to me) But I really don't care what other people think of me. I'm just not easily offended. But then I kid you not, the very next day at the Grocery Store I was offended by a young man who was shopping. So let me just tell you how it went down. I went to the Publix down the street from me after dropping off Joss at school, it was 8:00 in the morning, that's the only time to shop in my personal opinion. Early bird gets the better food/ worm. Well I got my few things and went to stand in line and of course there's only one cashier open and about 6 people standing in line so I meander up to the line behind a dashing young man. And then it happened, I got a whiff of his cologne, A LOT of his cologne. If I had to guess I'd say about a half gallon's worth. And even though he was nice and smiling and talking to me, I was so offended by the overwhelming odor that I was not my usual chatty self. Which is saying something. I love people, I love to talk to people, I love to know what they think. But with this young offender I clammed up and all I could think of was just trying to get out of there alive! So I learned, never brag to your mom about being so easygoing or else life will put you right back in your place. AND if you don't want to offend me, do not make me BREATHE THROUGH MY MOUTH at any point in our encounter! And if none of this is news to any of you, it kinda was to me. But then I thought back and I remembered that there were several occasions when smells have offended me.
- a certain truck on the way to the Bundy Reunion
- some dead fish when I was learning how to shoot zombies
- worrying about wether other people are wearing deodorant around me
Clearly I am psycho!
Thank you for loving me inspite of my weirdness, wait you do still love me right
And I specificially remember a certain little brother saying I had a nose like a "blood hound" and he was NOT wrong!!!
Oh. My. Those fish at the shooting range were BAD! Its making me gag just thinking about it. But can we take a second to remember that you shot the zombie right between the eyes on your first shot!? I love you, blood-hound-nose and all!
ReplyDeleteThese experiences have the opposite effect on me (depending on the cologne) I probably would have been like, "dang! You smell sooooo fiiiiiine, can I go home with you?" haha. Although, if it's a stench there is no recovering from that. Just like when we were in the car and you threatened to pull over because one passenger didn't shower? hahahahaha. Good times.
ReplyDelete